Blemished Imperial Berkey®System - 4.5 Gallon with 2 Black Elements
- What's included
- How to use
- Reviews & questions
Blemished Berkey® Systems for the same Berkey Benefits for a lesser price!
Blemished systems let you enjoy all the amazing benefits of a full uncompromised Berkey System without paying the full price. Cosmetic blemishes may include scratches, dents, discolored spots on the finish or irregular polish marks. Our Factory blemished Berkey System may not have the brand new look of a Berkey System but it is offered at an amazing discounted price so you can focus less on spending and focus more on the wonderful health benefits that a Berkey System has to offer.
Blemished Berkey® systems are identified by a distinctive “B” stamped on the upper and lower stainless steel chambers, which indicates that the chambers ARE NOT warrantied against cosmetic defects. However, the Black Berkey® Purification Elements carry the standard 2-year pro-rated limited warranty, which provides you with the same performance and longevity that you would experience with any of our non-blemished Berkey® systems.
Note: Blemished systems may not be shipped in original packaging.
The Imperial Berkey® System - 4.5 Gallon comes standard with 2 Black Berkey® Purification Elements but can be expanded up to 4 or 6 elements. The Imperial Berkey® System - 4.5 Gallon is not only for the home but also perfect for larger groups such as businesses. Perfect for outdoor activities and a must in hostile environments where electricity, water pressure or treated water may not be available. The Imperial Berkey® System - 4.5 Gallon filters virtually the best tasting and purest filtered drinking water possible through a natural purification method instead of using chemicals or complicated processes. Perfect for any unexpected emergency situations.
The Imperial Berkey® System - 4.5 Gallon has two configurations:
- Imperial Berkey® System - 4.5 Gallon with 2 Black Berkey® Purification Element
- Imperial Berkey® System - 4.5 Gallon with 4 Black Berkey® Purification Element
- Imperial Berkey® System - 4.5 Gallon with 6 Black Berkey® Purification Element
All Berkey stainless steel systems come standard with Black Berkey® Purification Elements and are the leader in gravity-fed water purification. The Black Berkey® Purification Element formulation has been tested by State and EPA accredited laboratories to exceed NSF/ANSI Standard 53 and will purify approximately 6,000 gallons of water before replacement is recommended when used as a pair.
All Berkey stainless steel systems come standard with an FDA approved, BPA free polypropylene spigot; in case of loss or damage, this item may be purchased individually as a replacement and available in Berkey Stainless Steel™ Spigot.
 Upper & Lower Stainless Steel Chambers
The Berkey Stainless Steel Chambers are made from food-grade stainless steel that is also lightweight and easy to move around. The chambers are also very easy to assemble and disassemble so you can spend more time enjoying pure clean water.
 Stainless steel lid, knob, and screw
 Priming button
Specifications for the Imperial Berkey® System:
The 4.5 gallon Imperial Berkey® System comes standard with 2 Black Berkey® Purification Elements and is ideal for 4 - 8 people for everyday use. The Imperial Berkey® System - 4.5 Gallon comes standard with 2 Black Berkey® Purification Elements but can be expanded up to 6 elements
- Storage Capacity: 4.5 gallons/ 17 Litres of purified water
- Maximum Filtration Flow Rate:
- Configured with 2 Black Berkey® Purification Elements, the Imperial Berkey® System can produce up to 5.5 gallons (20.8 liters) of purified water per hour
- Configured with 6 Black Berkey® Purification Elements, the Imperial Berkey® System can produce up to 16.5 gallons (62.5 liters) of purified water per hour
- Up to 6 Berkey PF-2™ Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Elements may be installed in the lower chamber of this system if desired
- Height when in use: 26.0" (66.04 cm)
- Diameter:10.0" (25.40 cm)
- Shipping weight: approximately 10 lbs.
- AISI 304 stainless steel construction
*Flow rate is calculated with the upper chamber full to the top. Flow rate decreases as water level declines.
How to use
How To Assemble The Royal Berkey® System - 3.25 Gallon
- Extreme cleanliness is important. Wash hands and system before proceeding to assure that contamination of the components does not take place during assembly.
- Remove the purification element and parts from their protective packaging, checking each item against the provided list.
- Prime Black Berkey® Purification Elements (click here to download instructions for priming elements).
- Place the large sealing washer over the threaded portion of the element.
- Place the element into the hole in the base of the upper chamber.
- Secure element in the chamber base by screwing on the wingnut onto the threaded mount.
- Place the upper chamber onto the lower chamber and place lid in position.
See Video below on how to Assemble a Berkey® Water Purification System or click here to download instructions.
How To Assemble And Prime Black Berkey® purification elements.
- Wash hands before proceeding to ensure that contamination of filter system components does not take place during assembly.
- Remove parts from their protective packaging, checking items against contents list.
- Prime Black Berkey® purification elements. See instructions below under Priming Prime Black Berkey® purification elements.
- Place the large sealing washer over the threaded mount of the Black Berkey® purification element.
- Place the threaded mount stem into the hole in the interior base of the upper chamber.
- Secure element in the base of the chamber by screwing the wing nut onto the threaded mount. Repeat #3- #6 until all elements have been installed.
Priming Berkey® purification elements:
For more Resources on Berkey® systems, click here.
Reviews & questions
Love it. I am now drinking more water with peace of mind. We get our water from Lake Erie and the Detroit River flows into Lake Erie. They are building a new bridge between Windsor and Detroit and in the process stirring up age old sediment with all sorts of contaminants in it.