- Factory Blemished Travel Berkey System - 1.5 Gallon
- Free-standing water purification system
- Gravity-fed and do not require power, perfect for power outages.
- Black Berkey® Purification Elements remove up to 99.999% of viruses and 99.9999% of pathogenic bacteria, while also removing or dramatically reducing protozoa, trihalomethanes, inorganic minerals, heavy metals, pharmaceuticals, pesticides, VOCs, petroleum products, perfluorinated chemicals, rust, silt, sediment and even radiologicals.
- Can treat up to 6,000 gallons (or about 5 years of typical use) before needing replacement
- Delicious, fresh-tasting water for the whole family
- What's included
- How to use
- Reviews & questions
Blemished Berkey® Systems for the same Berkey Benefits for a lesser price!
Blemished systems let you enjoy all the amazing benefits of a full uncompromised Berkey System without paying the full price. Cosmetic blemishes may include scratches, dents, discolored spots on the finish or irregular polish marks. Our Factory blemished Berkey System may not have the brand new look of a Berkey System but it is offered at an amazing discounted price so you can focus less on spending and focus more on the wonderful health benefits that a Berkey System has to offer.
Blemished Berkey® systems are identified by a distinctive “B” stamped on the upper and lower stainless steel chambers, which indicates that the chambers ARE NOT warrantied against cosmetic defects. However, the Black Berkey® Purification Elements carry the standard 2-year pro-rated limited warranty, which provides you with the same performance and longevity that you would experience with any of our non-blemished Berkey® systems.
Note: Blemished systems may not be shipped in original packaging.
The compact Travel Berkey® System - 1.5 Gallon is the perfect system for small houses and is ideal for 1-2 people for everyday use. The Travel Berkey® System - 1.5 Gallon is made lightweight and compact, perfect for outdoor activities and can be conveniently packed into most suitcases. Utilize any natural water source with a Travel Berkey® System - 1.5 Gallon to obtain the best tasting and purest filtered drinking water possible through a natural purification method instead of using chemicals or complicated processes. Travel Berkey® System - 1.5 Gallon are capable of purifying untreated water from sources such as rivers, lakes, streams, and wells. Perfect for any unexpected emergency situations.
All Berkey stainless steel systems come standard with Black Berkey® Purification Elements and are the leader in gravity-fed water purification. The Black Berkey® Purification Element formulation has been tested by State and EPA accredited laboratories to exceed NSF/ANSI Standard 53 and will purify approximately 6,000 gallons of water before replacement is recommended when used as a pair.
All Berkey stainless steel systems come standard with an FDA approved, BPA free polypropylene spigot; in case of loss or damage, this item may be purchased individually as a replacement and available in Berkey Stainless Steel™ Spigot.
 Upper & Lower Stainless Steel Chambers
The Berkey Stainless Steel Chambers are made from food-grade stainless steel that is also lightweight and easy to move around. The chambers are also very easy to assemble and disassemble so you can spend more time enjoying pure clean water.
 Stainless steel lid, knob, and screw
 Priming button
Specifications for the Travel Berkey® System:
The 1.5 gallon Travel Berkey® System comes standard with 2 Black Berkey® Purification Elements. Ideal for 1-3 people for everyday use.
- Holds up to 1.5 gallons of purified water
- Includes 2 Black Berkey® Purification Elements standard
- System is 7.5" in diameter x 18" in height
- Shipping weight: approximately 7 lbs.
- AISI 304 stainless steel construction
How to use
How To Assemble The Travel Berkey® System - 1.5 Gallon
- Extreme cleanliness is important. Wash hands and system before proceeding to assure that contamination of the components does not take place during assembly.
- Remove the purification element and parts from their protective packaging, checking each item against the provided list.
- Prime Black Berkey® Purification Elements (click here to download instructions for priming elements).
- Place the large sealing washer over the threaded portion of the element.
- Place the element into the hole in the base of the upper chamber.
- Secure element in the chamber base by screwing on the wingnut onto the threaded mount.
- Place the upper chamber onto the lower chamber and place lid in position.
See Video below on how to Assemble a Berkey® Water Purification System or click here to download instructions.
How To Assemble And Prime Black Berkey® purification elements.
- Wash hands before proceeding to ensure that contamination of filter system components does not take place during assembly.
- Remove parts from their protective packaging, checking items against contents list.
- Prime Black Berkey® purification elements. See instructions below under Priming Prime Black Berkey® purification elements.
- Place the large sealing washer over the threaded mount of the Black Berkey® purification element.
- Place the threaded mount stem into the hole in the interior base of the upper chamber.
- Secure element in the base of the chamber by screwing the wing nut onto the threaded mount. Repeat #3- #6 until all elements have been installed.
Priming Berkey® purification elements:
For more Resources on Berkey® systems, click here.