Exclusive 72hours.ca Berkey® System Lifetime Warranty
Applicable for only Berkey® System purchase on 72hours.ca. To claim your warranty, please provide your invoice number or customer information on record and provide images of the defective or damaged item.
72hours.ca will replace any of our customer's parts that come standard with the system over the life of the Berkey® System ownership. This includes the stainless-steel chambers and lid, plastic spigot, washers and nuts.
Stainless must be handled with proper care. This guarantee does not cover items that are damaged due to user misuse, abuse, salt water/air, lack of maintenance, routine cleanings or unwillingness to use a rust cleaner, or accidents (dents from falling, etc.) Customer is responsible for shipping and processing charges.
The lifetime warranty 72hours.ca offers our customers is beyond the General Berkey® Manufacturer’s Warranty.
IMPORTANT: We do not sell the Berkey® System or Berkey® Accessories on Amazon. Please be aware that the manufacturer does not warranty any items purchased on Amazon from unauthorized dealers. For example, Amazon.ca or Amazon.com itself is NOT an authorized dealer. We routinely receive requests for assistance/support from Amazon purchases, and most times are unfortunately unable to provide service support. As a result, and due to the inability of Amazon to assist in policing and removing fraudulent/imitation Berkey® products, we do not recommend purchasing through Amazon.
General Berkey® Manufacturer’s Warranty
Berkey® Manufacturers warrants their product against defects in materials or workmanship during ordinary consumer use. This limited warranty does not cover product issues caused by any other reason, for the time periods and conditions set forth below when purchased directly from Berkey® Manufacturer's or from an authorized Berkey® dealer. For a period not to exceed twelve months from the date of receipt of the product by the original purchaser, Berkey® Manufacturer's will, solely at its discretion, replace a stainless-steel system or component that it deems is not functioning properly during the stated warranty period.
Berkey® manufacturers shall not be held liable for incidental or consequential damage to personal property from, but not limited to, a defective unit, improper use, abuse, accident, or neglect, etc. It is the customer’s responsibility to prevent misuse of the system and to replace parts, when, due to the natural course of wear and tear, they must be replaced. To obtain warranty service, you must provide a dated receipt for the product and pay for any shipping charges incurred to return the product to Berkey® Manufacturers.
This warranty will not apply to units which have been used for purposes not intended, which have been altered so as, in the manufacturer’s judgment, to adversely affect its performance. This warranty is for the original retail purchaser only and cannot be transferred.
The laws of the state of Texas, USA will govern any disputes regarding this warranty or claim made. This warranty, which is given expressly in lieu of all warranties, expressed or implied, or merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, constitutes the only warranty made by Berkey® Manufacturers.
This warranty applies only to products manufactured or exclusively distributed by Berkey® Manufacturer's and its authorized Berkey® dealers.
Black Berkey® Purification Elements
The Black Berkey® Purification Elements are covered under a two-year limited prorated warranty, calculated in six-month intervals. The warranty period begins from the date of receipt of the product by the original purchaser.
Berkey PF-2™ Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Filters and Berkey® Accessories
The Berkey PF-2™ Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Filters and all Berkey® accessories are covered under a six-month warranty. The warranty period begins from the date of receipt of the product by the original purchaser.
The following actions will void your warranty coverage:
- Attempting to use the Berkey Earth® DE Filter Elements or the Ceramic Super Sterasyl™ Filtration Elements in a pressurized manner. The Black Berkey® Purification Elements are the only Berkey® elements that require priming.
- Allowing any of the Berkey® elements to freeze.
- Using dehumidifier water with any of the Black Berkey® Purification Elements for daily use.
- Breaking the Berkey® elements due to dropping an assembled system or carelessness.
- Failure to remove the Black Berkey® Elements from the system prior to transporting or moving the system, resulting in broken stems.
- Performing a red food coloring test with the Berkey PF-2™ Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Filters attached. The Berkey PF-2™ Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Filters must be removed prior to performing a red food coloring test in order to stay in compliance with the six-month warranty on these filters.
- Using the water from a water softening system. Note: this action may clog the Berkey® Purification Elements or cause the stainless steel to pit or rust.
- If the product is not used in accordance with manufacturer's recommendations or instructions.