MRES- Meals Ready To Eat
Developed to be used by the United States military, the Meal, Ready-to-Eat (MRE) was a strong successor to the previously used meal rations such as the MCI and LRP rations since 1981. The MRE provided not only military personnel with a full meal or snack when in training/combat but offers civilians sustenance during natural disasters. For the past 35 years, MRE has continued their research and developing different meals and technologies to further the product. Currently, MRE has 24 different entrées and more than 150 additional items with a 5-year shelf life. 72hours.ca offers a wide variety of MRE products such as a complete 12 meal case with MRE’s most popular entrées that are pre-cooked. It also includes the cutting-edge flameless ration heater (FRH) included in each pack so you can enjoy a hot meal wherever you are.
* individually packaged foods do not include the FRH*
How to Prepare an MRE Ration?
1. Open MRE ration bag
2. Find bag labeled "Heater" and fill till water reaches the fill line
3. Let the heater sit for a minute to heat up
4. Insert entrée package into the heater
5. Allow for entrée to be completely heated up before serving
6. MRE will be heated and ready to serve within a few minutes