Keeping yourself warm is one of the most important factors to consider in a survival situation. Hypothermia is an emergency situation where your body is losing more body heat than it is producing resulting in dangerously low body temperature. When your body experiences hypothermia, your body systems are unable to function normally and can lead to complete system failure. Prolong state of hypothermia can damage bodily organs such as the heart, liver, kidney failure, and even death.
One common reason why people get hypothermia in an emergency situation is due to water. Wet clothing can reduce one's body temperature dramatically. To ensure that you do not get hypothermia, one good approach would be to stay dry. 72HOURS carries a variety of Emergency Blankets that are waterproof and can protect you from the elements. Emergency Blankets also help with the retention of body heat and warmth. Ensuring that you have an Emergency Blanket in your survival kit and emergency kit can result in the difference of life and death.
72HOURS carries a wide selection of Emergency Blanket.
72HRS Extra Large Thermal Blanket
- 72HRS Disposable Hooded Rain Poncho
- Wool Blanket (50% Wool), 51” x 80”, 2LBS, Gray Colour - Ready First Aid™
- Wool Blanket (Gray Colour) (80% Wool), 64" x 84" 4LBS - Ready First Aid™
- Wool Blanket (Gray Colour) (90% Wool), 66" x 90" - Ready First Aid™
- Orange Emergency Aluminized Heavy Duty Mylar Blanket
- 5ft Overall Length Aluminum Coated Insulated Poncho
- Gray and White Cotton Blanket
- Blue Fleece Blanket
- Green Double-sided Thermal Reflective Blanket - 60" x 82"
Other options carried by 72HOURS of staying warm and dry.