Tourniquet, SAM XT - SAM Medical
Buy more, save more!
- TRUFORCE Buckle Technology
- TRUFLEX Plate
- Metal Windlass Rod
- Time Band
- Precision Strap
 SAM XT Tourniquet (Hi-Viz Blue)
-  SAM XT Tourniquet (Tactical Black)
-  SAM XT Tourniquet (Hi-Viz Orange)
CLICK. TWIST. SECURE.
Engineered for rapid application, SAM XT’s innovative design normalizes the number of windlass turns needed compared to traditional tourniquets, enabling an easier, faster training of the product and intuitive use. Meets MIL-STD 810G for durability.
The SAM XT tourniquet is recommended by the Committee on Tactical Combat Casualty Care (CoTCCC).
TRUFORCE BUCKLE TECHNOLOGY
Slack is the main cause of failed tourniquet application. SAM XT's TRUFORCE™ Buckle technology auto-locks at a predetermined amount of circumferential force, eliminating nearly all tourniquet slack. Simply CLICK, TWIST, and SECURE for a life-preserving tourniquet application.
PROVEN TO SURVIVE
SAM XT’s innovative design requires fewer adjustments and decreases application variation through consistent anticipation of windlass turns. Explore below to learn more about the TRUFLEX™ Plate, Metal Windlass Rod, Time Band, and Precision Strap and how the design supports intuitive use.
The SAM XT tourniquet is available in three different colours.
How/When to Use:
SAM XT - Instructions for use:
- Locate the site of injury and place the SAM XT around the limb, directly onto the skin 2-3 inches above the wound.
- Insert the tip of the strap through the opening in the buckle. Grip the strap close to the buckle and pull hard and steady against the buckle until it stops. Maintaining tension, dress the strap back upon itself to hold it in place. DO NOT COVER WINDLESS C-HOOKS.
- TWIST the metal windlass rod UNTIL THE BLEEDING HAS STOPPED
- Fix the metal windlass rod inside the Windlass C-hooks and confirm the bleeding has stopped. If bleeding continues, try to further tighten the tourniquet with additional twists of the metal windlass rod. If this fails to stop the bleeding. Apply a second SAM XT side by side next to the first and ensure bleeding has stopped.
- Wrap strap between Windlass C-hook, over rod and around the limb. Secure the Time Band over Windlass C-hooks and record time of application.
- Leave tourniquet in place until directed by a medical practitioner. TO REMOVE SAM XT: Release the Time Band and untwist metal windlass rod.
- Lift the tab on the front of the buckle to allow prongs to retract. DISPOSAL: Dispose of device per facility policy.
- Product Overview PDF File
- TRUFORCE™ Buckle technology auto-locks to engage strap holes within circumferential range: 5.5 in - 35 in (13.9 cm - 88.9 cm)
- Made in the USA