Big Berkey® System - 2.25 Gallon
Big Berkey® System - 2.25 Gallon
Exclusive 72hours.ca Berkey System Lifetime WarrantyApplicable for only Berkey System purchases on 72hours.ca. To claim your warranty, please provide your invoice number or customer information on record and provide images of the defective or damaged item. Lifetime warranty includes stainless steel chamber and lid, plastic spigot, washer and nuts.
Click Here For More Information
- What's included
- How to use
- Reviews & questions
The Big Berkey® System
The Big Berkey® System - 2.25 Gallon is the most popular and versatile system amongst all the Berkey® Systems. The Big Berkey® System - 2.25 Gallon is not only for the home but also great to have for outdoor activities. Utilize any natural water source with a Big Berkey® System - 2.25 Gallon to obtain the best tasting and purest filtered drinking water possible through a natural purification method instead of using chemicals or complicated processes. Big Berkey® System - 2.25 Gallon are capable of purifying untreated water from sources such as rivers, lakes, streams, and wells. Perfect for any unexpected emergency situations
The Big Berkey® System - 2.25 Gallon has two configurations:
- - Big Berkey® System - 2.25 Gallon with 2 Black Berkey® Purification Element
- - Big Berkey® System - 2.25 Gallon with 4 Black Berkey® Purification Element
Black Berkey® Purification Elements
All Berkey stainless steel systems come standard with Black Berkey® Purification Elements and are the leader in gravity-fed water purification. The Black Berkey® Purification Element formulation has been tested by State and EPA accredited laboratories to exceed NSF/ANSI Standard 53 and will purify approximately 6,000 gallons of water before replacement is recommended when used as a pair.
Berkey PF-2™ Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Elements (Sold Separately)
Made from safe, non-leaching Polypropylene #5 that is BPA-free, the Berkey PF-2™ Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Elements are the perfect add-ons to help adsorb the Fluoride, Arsenic and other residual heavy metal ions found in drinking water. Sold in sets of 2 and attach to the bottom of the Black Berkey® Purification Elements and sit in the lower chamber of the Berkey unit.
Berkey® Standard Spigot
All Berkey stainless steel systems come standard with an FDA approved, BPA free polypropylene spigot; in case of loss or damage, this item may be purchased individually as a replacement and available in Berkey Stainless Steel™ Spigot.
Included in the box:
-  Upper and lower chambers
-  Black Berkey® Purification Elements
-  Stainless steel lid, knob and screw
-  Berkey® Standard Spigot
-  Stainless System White Blocking Plugs
-  Washers
-  Priming button
Berkey® stainless steel chambers are assembled in the USA from the US and imported parts. Black Berkey® Purification Elements are made and assembled in the USA.
About The Big Berkey® System - 2.25 Gallon
The 2.25 gallon Big Berkey® System comes standard with 2 Black Berkey® Purification Elements and is ideal for 1-4 people for everyday use. The Big Berkey® System - 2.25 Gallon comes standard with 2 Black Berkey® Purification Elements but can be expanded up to 4 elements
- - Storage Capacity: 2.25 gallons/ 8.5 Litres of purified water
- - Maximum Filtration Flow Rate:
- Configured with 2 Black Berkey® Purification Elements, the Big Berkey® System can produce up to 3.5 gallons (13.3 Litres) of purified water per hour
- Configured with 4 Black Berkey® Purification Elements, the Big Berkey® System can produce up to 7 gallons (26.5 Litres) of purified water per hour
- - Up to 4 Berkey PF-2™ Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Elements may be installed in the lower chamber of this system if desired
- - Height when in use: 19.25" (48.89 cm)
- - Diameter: 8.5" (21.59 cm)
- - Shipping weight: approximately 7 lbs.
- - AISI 304 stainless steel construction
*Flow rate is calculated with the upper chamber full to the top. Flow rate decreases as water level declines.
How to use
How To Assemble The Big Berkey® System
- Extreme cleanliness is important. Wash hands and system before proceeding to assure that contamination of the components does not take place during assembly.
- Remove the purification element and parts from their protective packaging, checking each item against the provided list.
- Prime Black Berkey® Purification Elements (click here to download instructions for priming elements).
- Place the large sealing washer over the threaded portion of the element.
- Place the element into the hole in the base of the upper chamber.
- Secure element in the chamber base by screwing on the wingnut onto the threaded mount.
- Place the upper chamber onto the lower chamber and place lid in position.
See Video below on how to Assemble a Berkey® Water Purification System or click here to download instructions.
How To Assemble And Prime Black Berkey® purification elements.
- Wash hands before proceeding to ensure that contamination of filter system components does not take place during assembly.
- Remove parts from their protective packaging, checking items against contents list.
- Prime Black Berkey® purification elements. See instructions below under Priming Prime Black Berkey® purification elements.
- Place the large sealing washer over the threaded mount of the Black Berkey® purification element.
- Place the threaded mount stem into the hole in the interior base of the upper chamber.
- Secure element in the base of the chamber by screwing the wing nut onto the threaded mount. Repeat #3- #6 until all elements have been installed.
Priming Berkey® purification elements:
For more Resources on Berkey® systems, click here.