Interest-free payments with . Learn more
- It clears the pores of debris in the Black Berkey™ Elements that has accumulated with use.
- Reduces the amount of time and effort needed to dry the filters prior to storing them.
- For small sink or short faucet, the Black Berkey Primer makes it easy to prime your Black Berkey Purification Elements.
- The Black Berkey primer also purges (or back-flushes) the Black Berkey Purification Elements using air instead of water to clean the pores of the compressed carbon filter wall.
- Specifically designed for use with the Black Berkey Purification Elements.
- May be cleaned with mild soap and warm water. Do not microwave the Black Berkey Primer.
- Store in a cool dry place and keep out of direct sunlight.
What is the Black Berkey Primer™ & what does it do?
The Black Berkey Primer™ is a hand-powered priming pump that makes it possible to prime Black Berkey™ Elements easily offline, without the need for faucets or hose connections. Priming the Black Berkey™ Elements saturates the filters with water prior to their use, allowing for clean water production anywhere.
How does the Black Berkey Primer™ work?
With a Black Berkey™ Element properly immersed in water & attached to it, the Black Berkey Primer™ creates a simple pressure gradient which draws water into the center of each Black Berkey™ Element. Once the Black Berkey™ Element is completely saturated with water, it passes through the Black Berkey Primer™ and squirts out of the opposite end.Why do I need the Black Berkey Primer™?
Every owner of a Berkey® Water System which uses Black Berkey™ Elements will find it easier to prime and purge the filters, wherever the Berkey® is used. The Black Berkey Primer™ is the final piece in making your Berkey® Water System your off-grid solution for clean drinking water and for everyday use. In addition, if you have a small sink or short faucet, the Black Berkey Primer™ makes it easy to prime your Black Berkey™ Elements.How do I clean & store the Black Berkey Primer™?
Black Berkey Primer™ can be cleaned with a proper dilution of natural cleaning products, or mild soap and warm water. Components should be thoroughly rinsed & allowed to air dry prior to storage in a cool, dark, & dry place. Keep out of exposure from direct sunlight as UV light will breakdown the product. Do not microwave the Black Berkey Primer™ .