Bleeding Control Kit - SAM Medical|
- Stand Up Pouch
- 7 Different items
- Designed to help limit blood loss
 Bleeding Control Kit (Non-Vacuum Sealed)
-  Bleeding Control Kit (Vacuum Sealed)
Severe blood loss, often caused by motor vehicle accidents, acts of violence and natural disasters, can result in death within minutes.
The SAM medical bleeding control kit includes essential medical devices designed to limit blood loss in emergency and traumatic situations. After calling emergency personnel, this life preserving kit may help stabilize the injured in such events.
The kit contains: SAM XT Extremity Tourniquet, Medical Gloves, Medical Shears, Compressed Gauze, Permanent Marker, Emergency Bandage (6" wide), Instruction Card
FEATURING THE REVOLUTIONARY SAM XT
SAM XT’s innovative design requires fewer adjustments and decreases application variation through consistent anticipation of windlass turns. Explore below to learn more about the TRUFLEX™ Plate, Metal Windlass Rod, Time Band, Precision Strap and how the design supports intuitive use.
SAM XT is a recommended tourniquet by the Committee on Tactical Combat Casualty Care (CoTCCC).
This tourniquet is an essential in any bleeding control kit.
PROVEN TO SURVIVE
SAM XT’s innovative design requires fewer adjustments, decreases application variation between users and patients through consistent anticipation of windlass turns, and enables easier, faster training and intuitive use.
Each kit contains the following:
-  SAM XT Extremity Tourniquet
-  Medical Shears
-  Emergency Bandage 6 in wide (15.2 cm)
-  Permanent Marker
-  Compressed Gauze
-  Medical Gloves
-  Instruction Card
How/When to Use:
SAM XT - Instructions for use:
- Locate the site of injury and place the SAM XT around the limb, directly onto the skin 2-3 inches above the wound.
- Insert the tip of the strap through the opening in the buckle. Grip the strap close to the buckle and pull hard and steady against the buckle until it stops. Maintaining tension, dress the strap back upon itself to hold it in place. DO NOT COVER WINDLESS C-HOOKS.
- TWIST the metal windlass rod UNTIL THE BLEEDING HAS STOPPED
- Fix the metal windlass rod inside the Windlass C-hooks and confirm the bleeding has stopped. If bleeding continues, try to further tighten the tourniquet with additional twists of the metal windlass rod. If this fails to stop the bleeding. Apply a second SAM XT side by side next to the first and ensure bleeding has stopped.
- Wrap strap between Windlass C-hook, over rod and around the limb. Secure the Time Band over Windlass C-hooks and record time of application.
- Product Overview PDF File
- Length: 9.7 in (24.5 cm)
- Height: 7 in (18 cm)
- Width: 3.2 in (8 cm)
- Weight: 10.9 oz (310 g)