About Berkey® Water Purification Systems
They are the most powerful, freestanding gravity-fed water purifiers that require no tools, electricity, water pressure or plumbing for assembly. Simply pour water from any source into the top chamber and the gravity-fed Black Berkey® Purification Elements will do the rest. Berkey® Water Purification Systems are portable and are also economical, lasting up to 6,000 gallons per pair of Black Berkey® Purification Elements. They are powerful enough to purify municipal tap water but also water from lakes, rivers, streams and ponds.
Be prepared and ready for any natural disaster or uneventful emergency situations. Have the Berkey® Water Purification Systems handy to purify untreated water in situations where clean water is inaccessible.
Blemished Berkey® Systems for the same Berkey Benefits for a lesser price!
Blemished systems let you enjoy all the amazing benefits of a full uncompromised Berkey System without paying the full price. Cosmetic blemishes may include scratches, dents, discoloured spots on the finish or irregular polish marks. Our Factory blemished Berkey System may not have the brand new look of a Berkey System but it is offered at an amazing discounted price so you can focus less on spending and focus more on the wonderful health benefits that a Berkey System has to offer.
How to Choose a Berkey® Water Purification System for you or your family.
Important questions to ask before choosing a Water Purification Systems.
- Will you be using the system daily or only for emergency purposes?
- If yes, will you be using it only for drinking or for other purposes such as cooking?
- If used only for drinking how much water do you or your family consume per day?
- If used for both drinking and cooking, we recommend calculating the total amount of water consumed per day. Choose a Berkey® Water Purification System that fits you or your family's drinking needs. Go up to the next larger unit. For instance, if the total consumed water is 1.5 gallon, you would look at the Travel Berkey® and go up to the next larger unit which would be the 2.25 gal capacity, the Big Berkey®. This ensures you have enough water for your daily consumption and for your purposes i.e cooking.
See chart below for Berkey® Water Purification Systems options:
How to Assemble a Berkey® Water Purification System
- Extreme cleanliness is important. Wash hands and system before proceeding to assure that contamination of the components does not take place during assembly.
- Remove the purification element and parts from their protective packaging, checking each item against the provided list.
- Prime Black Berkey® Purification Elements (click here to download instructions for priming elements).
- Place the large sealing washer over the threaded portion of the element.
- Place the element into the hole in the base of the upper chamber.
- Secure element in the chamber base by screwing on the wingnut onto the threaded mount.
- Place the upper chamber onto the lower chamber and place lid in position.
See Video below on how to Assemble a Berkey® Water Purification System or click here to download instructions.
For more Resources on Berkey® systems, click here.